[vc_row 0=””][vc_column width=”2/3″][vc_column_text 0=””]You may have heard rumours that Golden Hare Books has plans to move into publishing – and now it’s official! We are delighted to announce the publication of our very first book – Rhythm & Colour by Richard Emerson.
We’ve been keeping this under wraps for quite a while now, and it’s so exciting to have it out in the world. Working with author Richard Emerson was a pleasure. An art historian, Rhythm & Colour is the end product of years of research and writing about the lives of three avant-garde artists and dancers prominent in the 1910s and 1920s: Hélène Vanel, Loïs Hutton and Margaret Morris. The publication came from a conversation over dinner with Richard and Golden Hare Books’ owner Mark Jones, who edited and published Rhythm & Colour.
The production was an important part of this project – our independent bookshop in Edinburgh is dedicated to books beautiful on the inside and out. We had a great book – but it needed to look lovely, too. Lovingly designed by Edinburgh-based graphic designer James Brook, Rhythm & Colour is not just a joyous read but a lovely object to own and enjoy too. With over 200 colour illustrations embedded in the text, we’re proud of every element of our first book – and we hope you’ll love it! We’ll keep updating this post and any more news about the publishing side of things.
Some press items on Rhythm & Colour:
- Tank Magazine: “Rhythm & Colour” (June 2018) — “[a] remarkable book”
- The Telegraph: “Margaret Morris, the English dancer who made the Riviera sparkle” (23rd June, 2018)
- Elephant Magazine: “Rhythm and Colour: Dancing on the Edges” (24th June 2018) — “a poetic and intimate monograph
- Herald: “Margaret Morris: Inspiring Champion of the Avant-Garde” (8th July 2018)
- Tatler Magazine: “Book of the Week: Rhythm & Colour by Richard Emerson” (10th July 2018) — “This sparkling triple biography capers through the interwar years”
- Times: “Dancing on the boundaries of taste” (21st July 2018)
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][vc_single_image image=”9586″ img_size=”full” onclick=”custom_link” img_link_target=”_blank” link=”https://goldenharebooks.com/shop/nonfiction/biography/rhythm-colour-richard-emerson/”][title text=”Photographs from our Edinburgh launch” tag=”h5″][vc_media_grid element_width=”6″ grid_id=”vc_gid:1532881673807-c9c6eb55-b565-9″ include=”11415,11417,11418,11419,11420,11421″][/vc_column][/vc_row]