Bookkeeper/Accounts Assistant (c. 1 day per week)
Wage dependent on experience (negotiable)
Our team is expanding, and we are on the lookout for an experienced Bookkeeper/Accounts Assistant so we can focus on the bookselling! This role won’t be on the bookshop floor, and is not a customer-facing role, instead you’ll be working with our management team to organise and help us with our accounts to keep the bookshop and events ticking.
You’ll either be working in our office or remotely one day per week (or equivalent). This role would suit someone who works freelance and is looking to take on a new client.
The role includes the following responsibilities:
- Working closely with the manager and assistant manager, assisting them to meet deadlines.
- Preparing weekly and monthly reports to view income/expenditure.
- Provide advice on balancing income/expenditure each month as necessary.
- Liaising with our Edinburgh-based accountants as necessary.
- Managing income/expenditure using XERO software.
- Preparing VAT Returns and preparing annual accounts.
- Collating monthly payroll information and sending to our accountants.
The ideal candidate will have a profile similar to the following:
- Xero super user
- Recent Accountancy Practice experience.
- Strong IT skills.
- Ability to work well with a busy team.
- Experience and capable of working alone without supervision or assistance.
- Strong communication skills.
- Passionate about small businesses.
- Good with explaining finance to creative types!
If you are interested in your role, please send a CV and short covering letter addressed to Julie Danskin, Manager at email@example.com. There’s no set deadline for this role; we’re just keeping an eye out for our new team member!