- A beautifully packaged paperback book on your doorstep every month for a period of your choice! Depending on your subscription options, you can choose an all-fiction subscription, an all-nonfiction subscription, or an alternating fiction and nonfiction subscription. If you have a one-book subscription, this will be a recent paperback release; if you have gone for the two-book option, you’ll get the same recent papeerback as well as a backlist favourite. (If you are a one-book subscriber but would prefer backlist, please contact us.)
- A note from our booksellers telling a little bit about the books and why we chose them. We like to go for something a little unusual but that we think will have wide appeal. If you already have one of the books, please contact us. We’ll also include some additional reading recommendations based on the monthly theme.
- An extra little gift either from us or a bookish supplier!
How it works
- Each month we choose a theme for our Read More boxes and select books associated with this theme that we think you’ll love.
- Choose your preferred subscription type (fiction, nonfiction or mixed) and preferred number of boxes you’ll receive and pay for in one lump sum at checkout (including postage except first box) or check out or monthly payment options.
- Shipping is calculated dependent on your location: we ship internationally. If you are local you can also choose to pick up your box each month. Checkout using Stripe (recommended) or Paypal. You will need to create an account on our website in order to manage your subscription.
- You will be charged at checkout for the full amount including postage for the duration of your subscription using the payment method of your choice. A receipt will be sent to you via email confirming payment. Then sit back and wait for your parcel to arrive!
- December 2018: Onding (snow)
Onding is an old Scottish word meaning heavy snow: it was used in the work of Sir Walter Scott. Snow is a symbol of purity and simplicity – we all wish for a flurry at the window in the depths of winter. But snow can also be corruptive or dangerous, and we find this juxtaposition of gentleness and power fascinating. We’re not the only ones either, as many works of literature new and old have explored the nature of snow. Our booksellers have chosen the most poignant and exceptional examples for you to read throughout the long dark evenings of December.
- November 2018: Season of Mists
As long nights take hold and leaves turn brown, autumn is the season of the reader. A bite in the air is the perfect excuse to curl up with a cup of tea, or perhaps a glass of whisky, and ignore the elements. There’s only one thing missing: the perfect book. Let us help you there. For our very first Read More box, whether you’ve chosen fiction or nonfiction, our booksellers have selected fantastic books perfect for the long autumn nights ahead.